Monday, November 3, 2008

What are you Thankful for?

Now that the ghosts and goblins have been captured and rendered harmless within the pages of their respective books, our thoughts are free to turn toward other holidays and readings.

Which brings us to Thanksgiving! A truly wonderful holiday, not only for the yummy food, but for the wonderful concept of a whole day dedicated to being thankful for what we have. So, what are you thankful for? Even better, what books are you thankful for? Did a particular novel or non-fiction account inspire you, make you smile when you needed it?

I'm thankful for all of the books and their authors, not only because they keep me employed but because of the wonderful (and sometimes not so wonderful) journeys they take us on! In particular, I'm thankful for:


"The Last Lecture" by Randy Pausch for his inspiring story of living life to the fullest, with courage and grace.



"The Geography of Bliss" by Eric Weiner. An insightful, humorous book that was one of the best "trips" around the world I've ever been on.



"Some Danger Involved" by Will Thomas, a mystery set in Victorian England that introduces several quirky and wonderful characters that I thorough enjoy reading about.


Oh! And... and... a host of others! But now it's your turn!

1 comment:

D said...

There are so many books that inspire, but for now I would say these four come to my mind, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, The Remains of the Day, Siddhartha, and Lost Horizon.

I am really thankful for Andrew Carnegie and his inspiring support for the public library system.