Instead, why not pop some corn and gather around to watch a movie? From romantic comedies to spy thrillers to horror flicks to documentaries... we have them all!!! So, grab a box of tissues, turn on all the lights in your house, make yourself a martini (shaken not stirred) and prepare for a fun night of home theater entertainment!
Here are some of the newest additions to our collection:
- Bedtime Stories - a fun story about finding your own happy ending.
- Brick Lane - a young Bangladeshi woman who feels trapped in her current life is forced to confront her dreams.
- The Day the Earth Stood Still - contains both the new release as well as the original sci-fi classic about an otherworldly being whose arrival on Earth triggers an unstoppable series of events that threaten all of mankind.
- Doubt - new philosophies versus old, as a rigid and fear-inspiring Sister believes she's uncovered the ultimate sin.
- Let the Right One In - disappearances and murder coincide with the arrival of a pale and serious young girl who only comes out at night.
- Marley & Me - heart-warming comedy that teaches us that sometimes even "the world's worst dog" can bring out the best in people.
- Milk - based on the inspiring true story of the first openly gay man elected to major public office.
- Quantum of Solace - another adventure in the 007 series, a nonstop quest for justice that crisscrosses the globe.
- The Reader - Hanna Schmitz is a lonely, working-class woman in post-Nazi Germany who has a brief but intense affair with a teenage boy. Years later they meet again; Hanna now a defendant in a notorious case and her ex-lover, now a law student, holding the secret to her salvation.
- Seven Pounds - Ben Thomas is at a crossroads searching for a way to redeem his heavy conscience.
- Slumdog Millionaire - Jamal Malik is one question away from winning a fortune on India's version of "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?" Will he ultimately win it all or lose everything, including his true love?
- Yes Man - discover the power of "yes" with Carl Allen as he shakes free of post-divorce blues and a dead-end job by embracing life and saying "yes" to everything.
- Grey Gardens (DVD 920.72 GRE) - a documentary about an unexpected branch of Jackie Onassis's family; high society castaways keeping house in a dilapidated East Hampton mansion.
- Man on Wire (DVD 791.34 MAN) - Frenchman Philippe Petit overcame insurmountable challenges to achieve the artistic crime of the century, when in 1974 he stepped out on a wire illegally rigged between the New York World Trade Center's twin towers.